It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:12 am

A change in the lineup 
Race Official
Race Official

Post A change in the lineup
After a long debate and much struggle I have made a change to the RochesterDSM One Lap team. For the 2011 One Lap race Stephen Burke and I will be piloting his EVO X and the One Lap VR4 is staying home. We feel this allows us to have a better experience, to be more competitive, and to allow us better marketing opportunities.

You can read about all the details here on our website. http://onelap.rochesterdsm.org/2010/...in-the-lineup/

Please stay tuned as we have some pretty exciting new partnerships to announce and as always great coverage of both the build up of the new car and of the race itself.

Tim Harper
Attachment:
Mitsubishi-Evolution-and-Respect-VR48789.JPG
Mitsubishi-Evolution-and-Respect-VR48789.JPG [ 412 KiB | Viewed 1062 times ]

"all race no rice"

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:20 pm
Power Drifter
Power Drifter

Post Re: A change in the lineup
This is disappointing news for me! I'll just have to prep 108/1000 and learn to race so I can do my own one lap! But it's very understandable; it seems that the X has proven to be more competitive - and sponsors will be into it.

I've gotta follow the website a little bit better because you've gone and confused me now. So it's 2 Evo Xs now? This should be interesting. Good luck as always!

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:27 pm
Race Official
Race Official

Our site will follow the team of myself and Tim leading up to and during the event. That is the only Evo X to follow on that site, though we will report about the other guys from our own perspective. While we do most of the work to keep blogs updated and threads moving because we love it, it is really to generate traffic for our sponsors. They are the ones who help us pay for the event. We commit to keeping a stream of information going, which in turn generates a healthy amount of eyeballs watching our sponsor plugs.

There are two Evo Xs going from Rochester this year. Chris and Sean are going again, but have a separate advertising model for a couple reasons. For one they are the reigning champions of mid-priced sedan class. They start in 7th in the overall grid going into 2011. They are already a spotlight car to watch and don't need to post a blog in order to get people to watch that car. They also have partnered with another team to help them build a car and are sorting out the details of what that means to them going into the 2011 event financially.

Before the event, I will be making some changes to this main site to make it easier to follow along. Also if you are a Facebook guy, that is a really easy place to get updates and keep up to date.
Rochester DSM One Lap Facebook

Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:39 pm
Race Official
Race Official

There's a lot of changes coming to both cars for 2011. The retirement of the Galant from One Lap competition is indeed a sad day. Although I didn't wrench as much as Tim, or have as much History as Steve, or was able to make the initial run in 2009, the entire endeavor was kicked off by a bunch of friends sitting over a beer saying "why not?" and the result was the galant so it has a special place in everyone's heart who was there on day one. It leaves a bit of a hollow zone but luckily we have the Evo's to help fill that gap.

Without the Galant, without the friendships, without a bunch of schmucks who have spent too much time in their lives with Mitsubishi's, we would have never taken Chris' Evo to the 2010 One Lap and we would have never experienced the success we did or have the opportunities now open to us.

So with that, although I know the Galant will still be around, I salute the GVR4 for everything it has done, been, and stands for and bid it adieu.

- Sean Caron
2006 Graphite Grey Evolution IX

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:03 pm
Power Drifter
Power Drifter

I'm still very excited to follow this - maybe even more than the last couple of years. Adding a big fat button to this forum linking to the One Lap website might increase traffic. Or maybe clicking on the banner at the top could take you to the blog. I check this forum every one and a half minutes (although somehow salisbury managed to rack up almost as many posts as me in less than a years time) and I know I would click on it every few visits to check up on what you guys are doing. Nonetheless, I will be following closely.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:36 am
Power Drifter
Power Drifter

Good luck! We're all pulling for you!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:10 pm
Power Drifter
Power Drifter

2011 will definitely be a banner year for racing activities for everyone. At one point we were going to market my car with Sean co-driving on both sites and make some cross posts about the Kids with Cancer car until we got another site operational but it has become more apparent that would just confuse things even more regardless of extra traffic generated.

While it may seem that Sean and I are somewhat dormant on car preparation, I'll be making separate posts about our adventures on this site and eventually we'll actually have time to get another website up and running early January. Juggling family obligations with new projects at work and still being able to pull the strings of a new race team has made that near impossible to balance with the holidays!

Here are the current plans where everyone is being represented:

onelap.rochesterdsm.org
Stephen and Tim ---> Black 2008 Evo X GSR

"Site to be named soon"
Chris and Sean ---> Grey 2008 Evo X GSR
Barry and co-driver ---> "Kids with Cancer" White/Vinyl Wrapped 2010 Evo X GSR
Paul and co-driver --> White 2008 Evo X MR

I wish Stephen and Tim the best in 2011, it will certainly be a healthy competition!

Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:57 am