It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:05 am

Press release: Magnus Motorsports sponsors RochesterDSM One 
Race Official
Race Official

Post Press release: Magnus Motorsports sponsors RochesterDSM One
Rochester NY (December 6th 2010)

The One Lap of America team of Stephen Burke and Tim Harper have partnered with Magnus Motorsports to help build a competitive track car for the 2011 One Lap of America race. Marco Passante and the team at Magnus Motorsport are going to transform our stock EVO X from a competent track car to a monster, track clawing, Goliath slaying machine.

The One Lap of America race has its roots in a mad dash coast to coast no rules event first run in 1971. The race has been evolving over its history and by 1992, the Cannonball transformed once again into what it is a today where competition occurs as time trials held on Americas best race tracks. The event is an exercise of endurance and preparation as there are no support trucks, no pit crews, and you race the entire event on the same set of street tires. There’s a reason that a co-driver is required as no single racer could handle the stress of driving to and from each event as well as racing at speed and expect to survive. The scoring is based on your performance on the track but the real test is the car & drivers ability to traverse over 3000 miles without regard to sleep or personal hygiene. The format is gruelling for sure and depending on the distance to the next track it barely allows enough time to get from one event to the next let alone getting any food or rest. The typical day goes something like this: race the car hoping it holds up to the abuse, pack everything up, drive like hell for hundreds of miles hoping to catch a bite to eat and a few hours of sleep in a crusty motel, unpack the car, and repeat that cycle 24 hrs a day for 9 days straight.

The RochesterDSM One Lap team was formed in December 2008 when a group of friends came together and asked each other “why not us?”. In 2009 and 2010 we built and piloted the One Lap Mitsubishi Galant VR4, a classic all-wheel drive 400whp track machine. We pushed that car to its limits and had an amazing and successful time doing it. In the fall of 2010 the team switched to a 2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X which brings us into the modern day. We are committed to carrying on the legacy of the VR4 by pushing the new EVO and ourselves further then we’ve gone before and we are confident that our partnership with Magnus Motorsports will get us there.

About Magnus Motorsports:

Magnus Motorsports has been 15+ years in the making. Magnus is a Toronto-based speed shop, manufacturing, and engineering facility owned and operated by Marco Passante. Marco is well known for pioneering the 4g63 culture worldwide.

Magnus was built around a philosophy that if we are going to do it, it has to be of the highest quality and it must work to the highest standard. Simply put – make it work, make it look good, make it the best. This philosophy was affirmed many times over when Magnus powered the fastest, most reliable and most powerful 4 cylinders in the world, continuously breaking world records and countless podium wins and Championships. What separates Magnus Motorsports from other tuner style shops is Magnus Motorsports prides itself on building full competition cars as well bridging the gap between professional racing and the import car tuner market.

rochesteronelap@gmail.com

(www.onelap.rochesterdsm.org)

marco@magnusmotorsports.com

(www.magnusmotorsports.com)

"all race no rice"

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:57 pm
Race Official
Race Official

Post Re: Press release: Magnus Motorsports sponsors RochesterDSM One
Old Man. You don't need www in front of http://onelap.rochesterdsm.org

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:28 pm
Race Official
Race Official

nrvous wrote:
Old Man. You don't need www in front of http://onelap.rochesterdsm.org

It still works though..and you're talking to a guy who had pong way back in 1975 ish. Now that's old school nerding right there. Don't make me start getting all vic20 on you foo.

"all race no rice"

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:06 pm
Power Drifter
Power Drifter

Yeah this is the new internet. You guys are all stuck in the past using this thing called a browser. Google Chrome OS comes out tomorrow I think, they're gonna change it all.
Just kidding I don't think I would like it.

The Magnus sponsor is pretty sweet btw.

Last edited by Cory Matthews on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:19 pm
Power Drifter
Power Drifter

< likes this

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:17 pm
Power Drifter
Power Drifter

OneLap today...New TopGear hosts tomorrow

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Power Drifter
Power Drifter

So the GVR4 isn't going this year??

I sad. :(

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:12 pm
Race Official
Race Official

Carbonfiberhooded wrote:
So the GVR4 isn't going this year??

I sad. :(

The old girl is getting a break this year from One Lap. Its not going to the crusher so don't be sad. I will still beat the snot out of it at the Glen every chance I get and I will continue to do whatever I can to make it turn harder, brake shorter, and go faster.

"all race no rice"

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:23 pm
Power Drifter
Power Drifter

Good stuff, too bad the gvr4 won't be there this year.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:07 pm
Power Drifter
Power Drifter

Post Re: Press release: Magnus Motorsports sponsors RochesterDSM
They'll do just fine with Steve's Evolution X, I'm sure Magnus Motorsports will get that car into fighting shape and then some. :boosted:

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:12 am